Bullying is when someone does or says things to hurt the other person on purpose.
It can make you feel sad, scared, worried and lonely.
You should always remember:
- Bullying is never OK.
- Bullying is not funny.
- Bullying is not just part of growing up.
- Being bullied is never your fault.
- Bullying is never deserved.
Everyone has the right to feel safe. Bullies have lots of ways to make someone feel bad.
Bullies may DO things to hurt someone:
- Pushing, punching, and hurting you.
- Taking things from you – stealing your lunch, a toy, your bag.
- Damaging something of yours – breaking things, writing or drawing on things, ripping things up.
Bullies may SAY things to hurt someone
- Calling you names.
- Putting you down – making you feel small, different, or alone.
- Shouting, yelling and swearing.
- Talking about you behind your back.
- Saying or doing things to make others laugh at you.
- Spreading rumours about you.
- Playing pranks to embarrass you.